HARD-ROCKING local lads Abandoned Faith are currently riding a wave of success in a national competition - but they need YOU to help them reach the top.
Abandoned Faith, from Worksop and Creswell, are going down a storm in national competition Band Crusade - aimed at giving an unsigned act a record contract and trying to push them to beat X Factor to Christmas number one.
The band consists of Jason Hewitt, 26, Richard Marsden, 34, Steve Jenkins, 37, Roman Marmurowicz, 40 and Aaron Smith 23.
Singer Jay Hewitt says that the competition ‘means everything’.
“We’ve been doing very well and everyone has been so positive,” he said.
“This is such a huge opportunity for us. They chose us out of thousands of bands to be in their top 100 and since then it’s just been like a whirlwind.”
Jay continued: “This means everything to us - I’ve been doing this since I was four-years-old so go get into the charts and have a crack at Christmas number one would be a dream come true.”
Band Crusade competition organiser said that he hoped the winner would bring something a little bit different to the charts.
“We have grown tired of the way the UK music industry heading,” said Wes.
“With the rise of TV shows such as X factor and The Voice, the UK is hearing less bands in the music charts and the sounds of electric guitars and man-made beats on a drum kit are near extinct from the sounds of today’s modern manufactured music.”
He continued: “The UK has been home to some of the greatest bands in the history of music and we believe there are many more undiscovered great bands out there waiting to be heard.”
“We are asking the public to choose bandcrusade.com over Xfactor this year and vote for their favourite hard-working band on our site.”
Wes added: “Once the public has chosen their favourite band we will record their track and video and release into the UK charts in time for the Christmas charts and with the aim of beating the X Factor’s winner to the number one spot.”
- To vote for Abandoned Faith you can visit www.bandcrusade.com/abandoned-faithand
- For more information and the hear the band head over to www.abandonedfaith.co.uk
- The band play Boogie Nights in Chesterfield on Monday 27th August and Chesterfield’s Real Time Venue on Friday 31st August.
- Their new single The Life She Leads is out now and is available from iTunes.
- ARE YOU in a local band or putting on a special event that you’d like our readers to know about? If so then get in touch by calling 01909 500500 or email email@example.com