VIDEO: Moors Singh, as keeper ousts Tigers from FA Cup

Worksop Town’s FA Cup dream is over for another year, after a 4-0 defeat at Solihull Moors on Saturday.

Tigers’ best run in the competition in nine years was brought to a halt by some clinical finishing from the Conference North outfit, and a goalkeeper in sublime form.

Had it not been for Asian non League Footballer of the Year Jasbir Singh, Worksop would have hat a hatful of goals.

But his string of fine saves and two goals in each half for the hosts helped Moors into the fourth qualifying round.

Tigers were lucky not to go behind inside 30 seconds, as Conor Higginson gifted Darryl Knights the ball, he got in behind Jordan Lemon and his ball into the box was fired over by Omar Bogle.

Moors were in front on six minutes however, Peter Till getting to the byline and crossing to the back post, where Ryan Beswick beat Lemon in the air to nod home the opener.

Seconds later a quick free-kick from the hosts had Tigers scrambling, and only a touch from Lemon stopped an easy chance for a second.

It was a shaky start, but Worksop steadied themselves and looked to grab a foothold.

They built a nice move down the left, ending in Phil Roe’s cross that Tom Denton could only head wide.

Denton’s aeriel prowess created a shooting chance for Shane Clarke on the edge of the box and he skied his effort. And then he headed one on for Leon Mettam, with the last defender just doing enough to clear.

On 21 minutes Worksop looked to have levelled, when Denton got up highest for a corner, but his header was kicked off the line.

Yet another Denton header, this time into the path of Muldoon, saw the striker get enough space for a shot, but Jasbir Singh produced a fine save to keep it 1-0.

Worksop almost engineered their own downfall when Chris Salt elected to leave Bogle to receive the ball in what he thought was an offside position, but the flag stayed down and Ben Gathercole, making his full debut, had to come flying out to put the striker off.

A Moors corner fell to the feet of captain Rob Elvins and he turned to shoot just wide, Tigers living dangerously.

Solihull themselves made a mess of the offside trap, allowing Denton and Mettam to go clear, but the latter couldn’t find his strike partner, and then he came agonisingly close to meeting a near post cross, Singh gathering.

His opposite number drew appreciative applause from the stands with a flying save to palm Reece Fleet’s dipping shot away, and when Moors sent the corner in Clarke had to clear off the line.

But as the 45th minute ticked over, Bogle set himself from 20 yards and drove a low shot into the very bottom corner of the net, doubling Solihull’s lead.

Five minutes into the second half it should have been 2-1, a poor back pass releasing Mettam who took the ball into the box and then put his shot too close to Singh, who saved well.

When Mettam’s cross was headed goalwards by Higginson, but blocked by his team-mate Denton, it looked like it wasn’t going to be Worksop’s day.

Seconds later the ball reached an unmarked Mettam at the back stick and yet again Singh came out on top with another vital stop.

Moors were cursing their luck in front of goal when Bogle broke the offside trap once more and lifted the ball over Gathercole, and the bar.

Mettam appeared to be in the clear on the left, but a poor second touch took him wide and a defender intercepted his cross.

The woodwork came to Worksop’s rescue when a low shot had Gathercole beaten, and the keeper was up quickly to beat out Jordan Gough’s follow up.

There was no denying the hosts a third however, Elkins somehow allowed to receive a throw in, unmarked in the Tigers box, and he turned to fire home with ease.

Substitute Shaq McKenzie’s first real impact on the game came with 15 minutes left, when his stinging drive was palmed over by Singh.

Worksop, undeservedly perhaps, found themselves 4-0 down on 79 minutes when Beswick raced through and beat Gathercole at the second attempt.

With the tie dead and buried, there was still time for Singh to showcase his brilliance once more, getting down well to push Clarke’s half volley round the post, securing a well deserved clean sheet.

There was little to be ashamed about for Worksop however, who gave as good as they got for 90 minutes.