Thurcroft: Couple rescued from house fire


A couple in their 50s have been rescued from a house fire after being found unconcious by fire crews.

Firefighters from Maltby, Aston and Rotherham were called to the house on Peter Street in Thurcroft shortly before 3am this morning (Monday, 9th December).

There, they discovered a man and woman, both unconcious, in the front room of the property.

The pair were rescued by firefighters, who administered first aid and gave both people oxygen.

Both were then taken to hospital.

The fire was caused when a chip pan caught light in the kitchen and subse.

Firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control and left the scene at 4.20am.

The fire has caused damage to the kitchen and other parts of the ground floor.