To the rest of the country, Gainsborough might be some faceless Lincolnshire town, but those of us who live here know it was once capital of England.
A bustling market town with a famous Medieval manor house on the banks of the Trent.
And we have our own way of doing things. So just how Gainsborough are you?
Here’s a list of things that will prove just how Gainsborough you are:
1. Trinity are the Blues and play ‘on the Northolme’ NOT ‘at the Northolme’
2. You do a lot of your shopping at Marshall’s Yard but will deny it and say you get everything in town
3. You’d never dream of going to Gainsborough Central and expect to see a train arrive
4. You will remind everyone that bus fares used to be 2p
5. You still call the Gainsborough Standard the Gainsborough News
What do you think proves you are from Gainsborough? We want you to come up with five more to help us compile a top 10.