Gainsborough: House fire caused by clothing left on boiler

Standard Fire Logo
Standard Fire Logo

Clothing left on a boiler led to a house fire that damaged the boiler, the surrounding cupboard and clothing and an adjoining hallway and bedroom.

Firefighters from Gainsborough and Misterton attended the incident just after 7am today (Thursday, 17th April) on Claremont Road in Gainsborough.

Crews extinguished the flames using one hosereel jet.

The boiler and surrounding cupboard and clothing were left with fire damage, while the hallway and bedroom had smoke and heat damage,

There were no reports of any injuries.