Firefighters in Worksop attended an incident on Sunday morning... at their own fire station.
Staff said they could ‘smell burning’ at around 8.30am on Sunday 11th January.
A spokesman told the Guardian that crews traced the smell to a heater on an emergency generator which had ‘burnt itself out.’
Watch manager, Ian Cooper, said: “We isolated the generator and reported it to our control room.”
“I advise people to check electrical equipment regularly that is on all the time and check smoke alarms.”