Worksop: Firefighters attend incident... at their own station

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

Firefighters in Worksop attended an incident on Sunday morning... at their own fire station.

Staff said they could ‘smell burning’ at around 8.30am on Sunday 11th January.

A spokesman told the Guardian that crews traced the smell to a heater on an emergency generator which had ‘burnt itself out.’

Watch manager, Ian Cooper, said: “We isolated the generator and reported it to our control room.”

“I advise people to check electrical equipment regularly that is on all the time and check smoke alarms.”