Firefighters battled a disused building blaze on Clarence Road this afternoon (Tuesday, May 24).
Officers from Worksop, Retford and Edwinstowe were called in to tackle the fire, which started on the first floor of a disused bulding known as the old fireplace gallery.
The fire was extingushed at around 2.30pm using four water pumps.
Both Clarence road and a Jet garage which is located at the front of the bulding have been cordoned off by police.
Nobody is thought to have been hurt, but people are urged to stay clear of the building as asbestos has been discovered in the roof.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is now taking place.