A rabbit hutch fire that spread to a house on Furnival Street has been confirmed as ‘accidental’ by fire officers.
Crews attended the scene at around 11.45pm on Sunday 6th July.
Flames from a rabbit hutch in the rear garden spread to the house, causing a family of eight to escape out of the front door onto the street.
Damage was also caused to the property next door where a husband and wife and an eight-year-old girl live.
No injuries were sustained.
Notts Police were originally treating the incident as a suspected arson attack but fire officers have now confirmed it was accidental.