I have lived in Notts for over 40 years moving here in the late 1960s to train as a teacher at what is now Nottingham Trent University.
I taught Speech and Drama in our county’s schools for over thirty years before retiring a few years ago.
I have over 30 years experience in local government, the last nine as Leader of Newark and Sherwood Council that anticipated the cuts in government funding and acted swiftly.
I have also worked as a volunteer counsellor for the Probation Service, been a trustee of a charity helping with emergency aid and currently is the Councillor responsible for ‘Community Safety’ on Newark and Sherwood Council.
I believe that Notts needs a Police and Crime Commissioner with affordable, realistic and sensible policies and has a deliverable plan that will bring down crime, support victims and see the police given one simple target – to cut crime and reduce anti-social behaviour.
My main aims are:
(1) to cut crime and crack down on anti-social behaviour;
(2) implement a zero tolerance approach to knife, drug and alcohol related crime;
(3) give appropriate support to the victims of crime;
(4) encourage efficiencies to put more money into front line activities and
(5) to work in partnership with others to tackle the underlying causes of crime.