One man and his dogs in 'lucky escape' from Dinnington fire

Guardian News
Guardian News

A DINNINGTON man had a lucky escape from a fire which started in his bathroom.

Fire crews from Aston and Maltby attended the Rotherham Road address to find he and his two dogs had got out safely.

Crew manager Sarah McCarthy from Aston Park Fire Station said the man had a lucky escape.

"He had no smoke alarms fitted, so he was lucky he woke up when he did," she said.

"We have since been and fitted alarms at the property free of charge."

Crew manager McCarthy explained the fire had started in an electrical arc containing copper piping.

It had started to melt through the toilet soil pipe causing a water leak.

The only damage done was to the pipe, and some slight water damage.

- Anyone wanting a smoke alarm fitted - free of charge - should contact their local fire station.