NOTTS residents will soon be able to call a new number for all of their council customer service queries - and we can reveal the top 10 weirdest calls they’ve ever received.
To coincide with the launch of its new number - 0300 500 80 80 - on 5th November, Notts County Council’s Customer Service Centre has revealed some of the strangest requests it has received since it was launched in 2008:
1. Caller: “It is ok to walk my donkey on a public footpath?”
2. Caller: “I lost my trainers on the way home from the pub last night. Has anyone handed them in?”
3. Caller: “I’d like you to ask the archery club who use the field near us to practice to move their targets. The targets are next to the public footpath which means they are firing arrows at me when I walk past!”
4. Prior to this Summer’s visit by HM The Queen to Nottingham, caller: “I’d like to book an appointment to meet the Queen while she is here please.”
5. Caller: “Can I exercise my Kestrel at Mansfield tip please?”
6. Caller: “Can you tell me where the Studio Hairdressers in Bingham have moved to please? It’s cheap for pensioners and they do your feet as well!”
7. Caller: “Can I put a tent on the verge for guests to stay in?”
8. Caller: “Do I need to take a puncture repair kit with me on the Great Notts Bike Ride and how much do they cost?”
9. Caller: “I have tripped in a pothole, broken my arm and cannot get into the budgie cage. Can you help?”
10. Caller: “How can I dispose of a metal longbow and arrows? Are they accepted at the tip?” The longbow and arrows ended up on display at the Sherwood Forest Visitors Centre!
The new County Council customer contact centre number is cheaper than the current 08449 number.
A council spokesman said: “The change to 0300 500 80 80 means that wherever you live in Notts, you’ll pay a local call rate when you get in touch with the Council.”
“Calls to 0300 numbers are included in all-inclusive minutes and discount schemes offered by telecoms and mobile phone providers, meaning that some calls are even free of charge.”
Notts County Council’s Customer Service Centre is based at Annesley, Nottinghamshire and is open six days a week, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and from 9am to 12pm on Saturdays.
For more information visit: