An inquest into the tragic death of a baby boy has returned a conclusion of accidental death.
One-year-old Logan Teesdale drowned in the bath at the family home on Sheffield Road in Blyth a few days after Christmas in 2012.
The inquest at Nottingham Coroners’ Court, held at the City Hall, heard that Logan had been bathing with his older brother when their mother Chloe went to fetch a towel.
But when moving to go and get the towel she slipped on water on the floor and fell and hit her head, knocking herself unconcious.
When she eventually regained conciousness, she found the older child crying and Logan face down in the water.
She immediately called the emergency services and ran out of the house in distress, carrying Logan in her arms.
A neighbour attempted to resuscitate Logan with CPR and he was taken to Bassetlaw Hospital.
But doctors were unable to save him.
Giving evidence at the inquest, pathologist Dr David O’Neill said the cause of death was due to immersion in water.
“Logan was a very happy and well cared for infant and x-rays showed no signs that he could have hit himself on the bath in any way,” he said.
“My findings were only consistent with the known effects of immersion in water.”
Dr Liz Didcock, assistant coroner for Nottinghamshire said that, based on the evidence she had heard, the only conclusion she could record was accidental death.