Langold school blaze which damaged classrooms and offices caused by ‘electrical fault’

Fire at Langold Dyscarr Community School earlier this month
Fire at Langold Dyscarr Community School earlier this month

A blaze which ripped through a Langold primary school was caused by an ‘electrical fault’, fire chiefs say.

More than 40 firefighters from across three counties attended the incident at Langold Dyscarr Community School, on School Road, on Wednesday, November 11, 2015.

Damage was caused to classrooms, offices. and corridors.

Year Six pupils at the school were sent to Outwood Academy Portland to continue their studies for three weeks while repair work was carried out.

The fire, which started at about 4:45pm, started in a kitchenette when an after-school club was just finishing.

Members of staff were evacuated and the road was cordoned off but nobody was hurt.

The blaze was extinguished at 5.30pm after officers used hose reels, thermal imaging cameras and breathing apparatus.