Langold mother and daughter escape house fire

Fire
Fire

A mother and daughter from Langold escaped after a blaze broke out in their home on Sunday afternoon (24th March).

Fire crews attend the home on William Street around 12.40pm after the fire started in the kitchen.

The 25-year-old mother and daughter, aged two, had managed to escape before crews arrived but were taken to hospital by ambulance for a check-up.

A Notts Fire and Rescue spokesman said the fire broke out after the young girl had switched on the cooker - setting a pan on fire.

“Luckily no-one was hurt in the fire, but this is a reminder to make sure you turn off your cooker if not in use - especially if you have small children in the house,” he said.

“The family also didn’t have a smoke alarm, which could have alerted them to the fire much sooner before it took hold in the kitchen.”

“Please ensure you have a working smoke alarm in your property and make sure you test it regularly - it could be the difference between life or death.”