A fire in an electricity sub station within a disused power station in Notts could continue burning for some time.
Five fire crews from Newark, Retford and Tuxford were called out to the site in Hollowgate Lane, High Marnham, near Tuxford, at around 1.30am this morning (Sunday).
It is believed a fault with a transformer inside the substation may have caused the fire.
The operatin to extinguish the fire was scaled back around 3.30am.
Notts Fire and Rescue Service, along with the National Grid who own the sub station, have decided to allow the blaze to burn itself out.
There is no danger to the public and no electricity supplies have been affected.
Smoke is drifting from the site, but it is non toxic.