Members of the Gainsborough and District Fine Arts Society enjoyed a lively lecture at the Trinity Centre after the summer break with James Lomax.
As the recently retired curator of Temple Newsam, James talked about the restoration of this great Jacobean house acquired by Leeds Corporation in 1922. It’s contents regrettably were dispersed and over the last 20 years some of its fine furniture and over 200 pictures have been re-acquired and returned to their original positions.
The next meeting of the Society will be on 6th October. Visitors are always welcome. For Membership details call 01427 788568. A light lunch can be booked by calling 01427 615323 838780.